Wednesday, September 2, 2009

This is where we're at ...

We received the news we wanted from the donor yesterday afternoon. She is still available to donate, even with the delay. Our new transplant date, which is tentative due to Hunter's influenza, is Wednesday, September 23rd.

Hunter had another nasal wash and throat culture today. It's unfortunate as he now anticipates the procedures. He sheds lots of tears right before and during, but bounces back as soon as it's over. Today, bouncing back included cleaning the nurse's stethoscope with an alcohol pad, as well as saying, "Thank you for my nasal wash!"

We should have the results tomorrow afternoon. I guess we'll hold our breath until then ...

PS. The three of us had lunch with a very close friend from college today, good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment