Friday, September 18, 2009

Day -5 (Diaper Rash)

Hunter woke up out of his Benadryl haze at 1:00 am. He stood up in the middle of his crib and said, "I itching." I guess I didn't respond fast enough since I was out cold. He started yelling, "I itching! Itching! ITCHING!" I opened the door to our room, took one look at our nurse, pointed back at Hunter and said, "He's itching." She must not have responded fast enough because in my own personal haze I started saying, "He's itching! Itching! ITCHING!"

We changed his diaper and checked out his rear end. It's a little pink but doesn't look too bad yet. The nurse brought us some softer wipes, a cleaning spray and a diaper cream. He suffered only one other itching episode at 2:30, where he demanded I take his diaper off. He settled down for the rest of the night with a diaper change and some fresh cream. However, his itching must be serious because he is on Benadryl and Atarax.

He woke up this morning in a good mood. He gave his night nurse several hugs goodbye and told her, "Go. Go now." Also, upon meeting his day nurse, he began tickling her in inappropriate places. Luckily, he's only two.

He begins Cytoxan tonight at 10:00. We are bracing ourselves for any potential side effects.

1 comment:

  1. I cross my fingers and hope the side effects won't be too bad and won't affect too much his usual good mood :(

    ReplyDelete