Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The Bottom Line ...

Hunter's test results tomorrow must be negative for parainfluenza and adenovirus, along with any other virus, or his transplant will be delayed for a third time. We should have the results of today’s nasal wash and throat culture tomorrow or Thursday. If Hunter actually tests negative, the process will speed ahead toward platelet transfusion, line placement, bone marrow aspiration and pre-chemotherapy drugs. If he tests positive for any of the twelve viruses they search for, the process will be delayed, once again relying on the donor’s kindness and flexibility to reschedule.

All of your prayers, positive vibes and/or well wishes are appreciated. Thank you.


  1. Keeping my fingers crossed !! I'm glad Hunter 's still happy and doesn't seem to be Homesick, you're doing a great job, I admire you so much!!

  2. My thoughts and prayers are with Hunter and all of you. I'm optimistic for a good outcome!! NO viruses! Big hug to all of you - Debs xx

  3. Wishing you guys all the best. We think of you daily. Hugs and loves from the Kentucky Crew!