Sunday, September 20, 2009

Day -3

Hunter decided to stay awake until 11:30 last night. He was somewhat delirious. He kept demanding, "Coffee, daddy! I want my coffee! Give me my coffee! Daddy?!" Then at 11:30 it was like someone hit a switch, he was out like a light.

He's been asleep ever since. His blood transfusion after his dose of Cytoxan went well. We will find out what his blood counts are during morning rounds. Hopefully, everything will be ok with his platelet transfusion yesterday and blood transfusion last night.

He is a little fussy when having his labs drawn from his Line or when having his diaper changed but he doesn't actually wake up. He's been talking in his sleep some, reciting his ABCs or counting to ten. Our night nurse was kind enough to change most of his diapers so that I could sleep, or should I say attempt to sleep?

He has a bit of a fever again this early morning so the nurse gave him some Tylenol. They would like to get his fever down some before chemo begins. Hunter's next dose of ATG is scheduled for 8:00 this morning. They will infuse it at a faster rate since he "tolerated" it well yesterday. Today it will last four to five hours.

1 comment: